Friday 13 March 2015

My Go To Green Smoothie Bowl



            This is my go to green smoothie bowl for when my body knows it needs an extra dose of greens. It’s a great breakfast dish but I have eaten for all different meals (including dinner… its got veggies in it so its totally acceptable!).
           
            It really is such a sneaky way of getting an extra dose of greens because it really doesn’t taste like your eating a salad, the bananas cover the taste well. It just looks like it will taste of leaves, but really its just a deliciously creamy fruit smoothie.


Green Smoothie Bowl

Plant-based – Gluten Free – Dairy Free

Serves: 1 person
Time: 10 minutes
Freeze banana- overnight




Ingredients:
- 1 to 2 frozen bananas
- 1 non-frozen banana
- ½ cup spinach, lightly packed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
- You could also add in a scoop of protein powder here, or your chosen pre/pro-biotic, green superfood powder or even matcha tea powder makes a delish addition.

Optional Toppings:
            I usually like to keep it simple here and serve it how it is, but it is also yummy when topped with fresh fruit and granola or muesli.




Method:

- The only real prep you need to do for this is to freeze your bananas the night before. I always have a stash of bananas in my freezer for banana ice cream, smoothie bases or just to eat as is! I’ve found that it’s easiest to peel and chop up the bananas before putting them in the freezer, just store them in an airtight container. Then as you need them, just break off chunks of frozen bananas.

- Once the bananas are frozen its as simple as popping all the ingredients into a blender of food processor and wizzing them up together. You may need to stop and move the mixture around to make sure all the frozen banana is getting broken down.

- After the mixture has combined, simply transfer it to a bowl and coat it in your favourite smoothie toppings!


Let me know how you go if you do try this out yourselves, or post a picture on instagram with the hashtag #cinnamoncourtney so I can see all of your recreations!

‘I feel no guilt when I say no to someone’ – Brian L. Weiss

No comments:

Post a Comment