Thursday 18 December 2014

Finding Your Truth


            I want to start this adventure by first saying that I will be wrong. There are no guarantees in this life, and I will not fulfill all of the roles you need me to play.
            We are all human and it is in our nature to make mistakes, and that is alright, even though it often doesn’t feel like it at the time. It is how we learn and grow. How we figure out our place in this world, so there will never come a day when you will have reached perfection (I am a perfectionist, so I often struggle with this).
            Each and every one of us is different. We all have our own values, beliefs and experiences, and this shapes what we do and how we act. It forms our opinions and creates our priorities. What works for one person may not work for you, no matter how passionate that person is about it being so right. Take what is being said as an opportunity to see a point of view you may not have thought of. Not as an attack against your values and beliefs.
            I want to say that even though I do have a degree in the health and nutrition field, this space is where I want to interact with all of you, express my opinions, and share my truths and experiences. That doesn’t make what I am saying the absolute or only truth.
I often struggle with the thought of people finding one thing said on the internet, and having them cling to it without further research. That is what makes this generation so lucky; we all have the access to an extensive amount of resources and the ability to build our knowledge and understanding of any topic, through researching any number of places.
            So please do not take what I say as the only answer, if you want, simply use it as a piece of the puzzle or a different view point of the topic your interested in.
This post is my version of a disclaimer for my little patch on the internet.
 
‘Being myself involves no risks. It is my ultimate truth, and I live it fearlessly’ – Brian L. Weiss

No comments:

Post a Comment