Wednesday 17 December 2014

A Little Bit About Me

 Hello to everyone out there in the blogging world!

            I have loved the health, wellness and food blogs out on the internet for quite a while, and have drooled my way through so many amazing health instagram pages for even longer, and although I am not entirely sure which direction this blog will take, I am excited to start this little adventure.
            So here is a little introduction into me: I am from country Victoria in Australia and have very recently made the move to Melbourne. My friends and family mean the world to me and I love to cook and bake for them.
I am a Public Health and Health Promotion graduate with a major in Nutrition, and one of my biggest passions is to recreate healthy alternatives from unhealthy recipes.
I find that what deters people from eating healthy is the misconception that it is all boring, repetitive and bland tasting, and that they have to ban all their sweet treats and indulgences, in an ‘all or nothing’ approach to their healthy living lifestyle.
Although, a healthy life style is not only about nutrition and physical wellbeing but your mental, environmental and social wellbeing as well, finding a balance across all of these areas that works for you is what a healthy lifestyle is all about. Taking small positive steps in each of the areas will make a difference overall in the long run, there is no need to rush the process, as it is a lifestyle that will ebb and flow through life, and constantly be changing with your experiences and education.
There are also many, many more social, emotional, environmental, physical and spiritual factors that affect a person’s ability and desire to move towards a healthier self, which I am hoping to explore along with you here in this space.
So through my love of all things food, nutrition, health and wellbeing, I am broadening my knowledge base, and hope that this can be a space where we can share our experiences and insights with each other and build a healthier happier future.
To create great social change there needs to be individuals willing to make a difference.

Myself and one of my best friends.

‘I came here to be me’ ~ Robert Holden

No comments:

Post a Comment